Sunday 17 November 2013

Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge - Week 5

Its certainly beginning to feel colder now and heading fast towards December. And I'm still a bit behind with my Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge entries.

For this one I decided to stick with the vintage look.


I created the background by stamping a holly garland across the page in Walnut Stain. I stamped the Father Christmas (Artistic Stamper I think) on white card using Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks. I then diecut the frame from kraft card using Spellbinders die and embossed both the mat and the frame using a wood texture folder. I aged the pieces with Frayed Burlap and Barn Door inks. The lace was added and the poinsettia has again been aged with Distress Inks. I added glitter glue to the stamped holly background and flower centre.

Why not join in with this fun challenge - all you have to do is make something inspired by each of the 12 tags and you could be in with a chance of winning $50 to spend at the Funkie Junkie Boutique


7 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A great vintage card Emma, with a lovely Santa image. Glad to see I'm not the only one still catching up.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Netty said...

smashing christmas card Sparkly Fairy, Annette x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Such a lovely vintage feel to this card. I love the glittery holly garland in the background and Santa looks fabulous stamped in sepia ink. Beautiful poinsettia and the lace lends such a nice vintage feel to the piece. Super work on Tag #5!

Hugs,
Linda

Unknown said...

Fab! Love the simplicity of this. Chris xxx

Jensters said...

really lovely :)

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous card Emma! x

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Thanks so much for commenting my project on the Artistic Stamper !
Un petit coucou de France !

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!