Wednesday 23 October 2013

Getting Ready for some Spooky Fun!

With Halloween just around the corner, my son and I have been doing some spooky crafting. Tonight we have painted a china pumpkin, a bat and made some pipe cleaner spiders!

And back in the craft room, I have been making a Halloween Card.


I had great fun creating the background - first using Distress Ink in Stormy Sky, Black Soot and Dusty Concord on Centura Pearl Card (the uncoated side). I used a mask to create the tree silhouettes in the background. I then stamped and embossed the two trees and the gate is just the top of a Paper Artsy full size stamp. The bat I stamped in Distress Ink too. Finally I made a banner which reads Happy Halloween!

I am going to enter the following challenges with this card:

Try It On Tuesday - Halloween
Make My Monday - Halloween






9 comments:

Evil Edna said...

thank you sharing this with us at TIOT LOVE that misty moon.EE

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully atmospheric!
Wishes
Lynne

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous eerie background Emma.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Ink Art Designs said...

Oh I love how the silhouette trees look so ghostly with the black trees in the front. Very clever to sneak off to the craft room...your card looks brilliant.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Rossella said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
Rosie x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the background and the silhouette trees ! Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

Claudia N. said...

Well done with the masking! It looks great!
Thank you for sharing this with us at TIOT!

Claudia x

Mrs.B said...

Love the background you've created on this card, so spooky.
Thanks for sharing at FSC
Avril x

Mrs.B said...

Love the fabulous background you've created on this card, looks very spooky!
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!