Saturday 26 October 2013

Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas - Week 3 Catch Up

Sometimes it's great when a plan DOESN'T come together! Which is exactly what happened when creating this project.  It started out as a card, but the gold leaf went on slightly wrong, so I ended up cutting the card in half to make this tag and I'm quite pleased with the result.


I am slowly catching up with The Funkie Junkie's 12 tags of Christmas Challenge. As Linda did I coated the card with Frayed Burlap and dusted it with gold perfect pearls. I stencilled the stars with the Frayed Burlap. and added the Sunset gilding flakes along the bottom. The black silhouettes are peel offs I found in my stash (amazing what hides in the stash!). I didn't have the same font for the Noel so I used a wooden embellishment covered with WOW Brass Sparkle Embossing Powder. The brass stars are brads  - again in my crafty stash!

Onto Week 4!

2 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

It's great when you have happy accidents. Love this Emma and the end result.
Hugs {brenda} x0x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, this really did come out beautiful, Emma. I love it when those happy accidents happen and something beautiful results. Your background is gorgeous, the silhouettes are perfect and I love that large star - so perfect for the star the wise men followed! Super take on tag #3. Great to have you playing along.

Hugs,
Linda

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!