Friday 4 October 2013

Countdown to 40!

Well the dreaded 4-0 is nearly here for me (Sunday!) I keep trying to ignore it but it won't go away! Unfortunately celebrations are low key due to my current ill health, but have a lovely weekend planned with family all the same.

There are so many challenges based on Autumn at the moment, which I love! I made this card a few weeks ago but never got round to sharing it with you.


First I stamped the trees from a Creative Expressions set in Distress Ink. I made a mask to create the sun again with Distress Inks. I used gilding flakes and glitter glue to highlight the trees. I then rubbed around the edge of the card with distress ink and overstamped a variety of foliage. I drew in the fence with a fineliner. The embellishment was made by die cutting the leaves from metal using the Sizzix Tattered Leaves die, embossing them and then colouring with alcohol inks. 

Happy Autumn! 

Challenges I am entering :

4 Crafty Chicks - Autumn
Addicted to Stamps and More - Autumn Colours
Feeling Crafty  - Autumn

5 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Gorgeous Autummnal scene
Thanks for joining us this month at Heck of a challenge
Lisa x

Nonni said...

Beautiful inking and collage stamping! I love the colors you've used. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

Brenda Brown said...

A lovely autumnal card Emma, I love the trees and the colours, beautiful. Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy your celebrations.
hugs {brenda} x0x

stressfreestamping said...

Beautiful colors and those leaves are amazing! Happy birthday and I hope you are on the mend soon! Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

Fran said...

Gorgeous card , thank you for joining us over at the Feeling Crafty Challenge xx

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!