Monday 20 February 2012

A Winter's Scene



I've been a bit behind on my blogging lately being so busy with card orders and it has also been half term for my little one. Anyway here is my entry for Craft A Scene's Challenge which is Winter. I used the Polka Doodles set of Be Neighbourly stamps. I created the background using three shades of blue Distress Inks applied with Inkdusters, Cosmic Shimmer spray and Perfect Pearls powder mixed with water.  The snowflakes were embossed with WOW embossing bright white powder and I used a snow effect paste to create the snow.

Other challenges I am entering :
Crafty Hazlenut's Christmas - Create a Scene
Di's Digi Designs - All about snow - TOP 3
One Stop Craft Challenge - Create Your Own Background
Crafters Companion - Anything Goes

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning - Love the delicate colours

Anonymous said...

Makes me go Brrrrrrrrr.
Perfectly wintry.
Wishes
Lynne

Hazel said...

I love the way you've stamped and use the DIs for this fabulous scene - beautifully crafted card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 60 - hope to see you again soon. x

Pia S said...

Saw your card on CHNC. Love the color and theme. A beautiful card!

Brenda Brown said...

Such a clever way of putting the stamps together. From a distance they look stepped back from each other. Great card Emma.
hugs {brenda} xox

Amy said...

really pretty. love your colours.

Sheree said...

This is such a cute winter scene! Love the colours and the image.
Thanks for playing along with us at Craft A Scene!
Sheree

NancyD said...

Your cute little row of houses make a nice winter scene. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

shulsart said...

Oh, what a cute little village you have created. Love the snowy background. Good luck and thanks for joining the fun at Craft a Scene.

My Creative House said...

Oh this card is so beautifully made, lovely colors.
Anni

Live Laugh Rowe said...

Thank you so much for participating in the blog hop. Wishing you all the best in your bloggy endeavors. Cheers!

Kelly
www.livelaughrowe.com

Debbie said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the images and the delicate colours you have used.
Debbie x

Unknown said...

Hello, just popping by as I saw your details on Kirstie's Handmade Britain facebook page. I love the pastel shades on this wintry scene. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Sande said...

OMG, this is amazing!!

Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs! Hope to see you again next itme!

Hugs, Sande DT

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Those snowflakes are so pretty falling on those wonderful houses.

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!