Saturday 11 February 2012

Love is in the air



I'm slowly catching up on my blog posts, I have been snowed under with card orders this week! At Its Crafting Time, the theme for this week has been pink, white and red. Love is in the air at the moment, so I made this card with that in mind. First I die cut the birdcage and bird from the Tim Holtz Sizzix die from pink card which is embossed with dots. I lightly distressed the card with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. I fixed these to the card with foam pads. The heart I diecut from a Sizzlits Sizzix die "Hearts". For the sentiment I used the saying from the Creative Expressions Birds stamp set. I stamped it onto a die cut heart using Versamark ink and embossed it with WOW Apple Red super fine powder. Finally I added pink spotty ribbon and paper roses to decorate. Visit the online shop to buy the items you need to make this card.


Other challenges I am entering:
Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog - Love is in the air
Fussy and Fancy Friday - With All My Heart
Crafting When We Can - Valentine / Love

7 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely creation.

fatmonica said...

Lovely card-I love that pink bird!

Brenda Brown said...

This is so pretty Emma, love the colours and the birdcage is one of my faves.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Hugs {brenda} xox

Anonymous said...

Full of sweetness.
Wishes
Lynne

Ann Whitfield said...

This us beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Unknown said...

Very pretty card. Love the little bit of red to make the card pop! Thanks for sharing with our Crafting When We Can Challenge :)

Poppet said...

Great card Sparkly, the pink looks fab with the little dots and distressing.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!