Thursday 21 July 2011

A Summer's Evening


We don't seem to be getting many warm summer evenings in the UK, so I thought I would evoke the feeling with some summer art. I created the background with Distress Inks and Cut n Dry Foam. Then I used a variety of stamps to create the foliage and embossed with black embossing powder. I created the sun by watering down that area to get the shadow and then reapplying ink through a template. I added white gel pen for highlights. Finally I used my new The Paper Company stamps to create the gold embossed foliage on the card base.

I'm entering this into the following challenges
Artistic Stamper - Summer Colours
Stampalot Challenge - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Beautiful we just need a few of these for real now! XOXO Zoe

Denise said...

Oh yes, it does say summer evenings-right on and lovely.

Terry said...

Such a beatuful evening sun scene you have created! Love the soft colors and blending! Much of the US is under extreme heat conditions. It would be so nice to have a balance!

Artyjen said...

Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper challenge ;)
Gorgeous card.....I'm dreaming of hot summer nights now!
xoxo Sioux

Lynne K said...

Beautiful card! I love the silhouette scene, but also how you've added the embossed flowers at the sides. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Lynne x

PinksyDoodles said...

Oh wow, this is a beautiful and atmospheric scene - I love it! Thank you for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

pinky said...

Just beautiful, love the warm summer colours. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma. Lovely card. Great images and love your color choices.
Regards Florence.

Sally H said...

fabulous card, Emma! Gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Ali said...

Beautiful....we don't see many evening sunsets like this in Scotland these days!!

Ali x

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!