Monday 27 June 2011

Butterflies and Dragonflies


Well another busy week has passed! Had a great time and a new market on Saturday and sold quite a few cards and jewellery. I've been so busy making the last week I haven't had time for many challenges! Anyway back to normal now...
I created this card using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists on watercolour card for the background. I then stamped a variety of foliage onto the bottom half of the card. I stamped the butterflies and dragonflies and highlighted them with glitter glue. I love the shimmery effect the mists have given, although I'm not sure this photo gives the best impression?

I'm entering the following challenges with this one :

The Stampman - Butterflies and Dragonflies
Blogger's Challenge - Things with wings
Simply Create - Fly with me

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Emma. Great background.
Regards Florence.

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Love the colours of your background!!
Siobhan

ike said...

That's really beautiful - love the background. Thank you for joining us at Simply Create.
Ike xx
SC DT

Netty said...

Terrific card and so pleased you had some sales at the market.

fatmonica said...

It's lovely-I love the background!

ju said...

I love this card! Has such atmosphere...gorgeous !! x

Birgit said...

oh my what a beautiful card and I love the glimmer mistsbut i often glitter my fingers too:) What a fairy tale card-love it!

sjmcdowell said...

I love this sooo much!!

Great job!!

Hugs,

Susan

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the Glimmer Mist! Thanks for playing at with us at the Bloggers Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Such an ethereal quality to this, gorgeous.
Wishes
Lynne

Lisa said...

Great project! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man.

Ida said...

This has a lovely soft feel to it. Thanks for joining the BC Things With Wings challenge.

Lorraine said...

This is lovely!

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful card. love the background . thanks for joining us at The stamp Man Challenge. Sorry i am a bit late with my comments. I got a little behind with so many lovely projects to look at. Have a great day. Angela

Erica said...

The Glimmer Mist background makes this super ethereal and sooo pretty.
Thanks for playing along with Simply Create for our Wings challenge.
Erica (DT Member)

What can you find here?

The makings and musings of a Sparkly Fairy!